Thursday, December 15, 2016

Jinny Newlin - December Guest Designer

Do you remember Jinny Newlin, our winner of the Fussy Cutting Challenge?
She's our GUEST DESIGNER this month.



My family and I live in a small suburb of Kansas City, Kansas, just over an hour and a half north of where I grew up.  I am a former kindergarten teacher turned adoring wife, of 15 years, to BJ and stay-at-home, homeschool mom to Ezekiel (13), Adina (8), and Kaden (2).  When I’m not taking care of or playing with my family, you can find me cooking, baking, gardening, sewing, taking pictures, blogging at Soaring, and of course, paper crafting.  My love for the latter started, over fourteen years ago, at a Stampin’ Up workshop; but I have been creating with any and every form of crafting media, that I could get my hands on, since I was old enough to hold a crayon.  I’ve been honored to have had a number of published works of art, as well as to get to design for some of my most favorite manufacturers and challenge blogs, which currently include Poppystamps, Pretty Little Studio, Creative Scrappers, and The Studio; and I’m just thrilled to have the privilege of guest designing this month with the talented ladies here at Picture This!  I hope that I can inspire you all to get creating.

Here's the inspiration behind her page and the awesome project itself!

“Shapes” is such a great challenge with oh, so many possibilities!  Matter of fact, it was difficult for me to narrow down.  In the end, I decided to stick with one of my favorite, go-to, papercrafting shapes, the star.  I’ve tied it into my page through patterned print, one of which was actually cut in the shape of a star; stitching; stamping; modeling paste; and stickers.  I’m so excited to finally have gotten to make good use out of a past Christmas gift, October Afternoon’s Under the Tree Collection!








We hope that this amazing project has inspired you to join our challenge - there's still time.

Remember that there is a surprise bundle to be won and two Guest Designer spots for February challenge.

Last but not least, make sure you come back on the 20th December to see our second Guest Designer's inspiration for the SHAPES challenge.

See you soon!


6 comments:

  1. So great to have you here designing with us this month Jinny. Super inspiring and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page and thank you so much for being a guest designer for us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for having me, ladies! What an honorable post and great challenge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jinny, welcome! Your layout is wonderful! Love all the layering, stitching, and especially the journaling all around the page. Thank you for inspiring all of us as our 1st guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your layout Jinny, the way you matched everything and all the tiny details... Star is also one of my favourite shape!Thank you for joining us this month, hope to see more of your amazing creations around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this layout is so cute and colorful! Thank you Jinny for sharing this wonderful layout with us! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our blog and for leaving your sweet comments!